Thursday, July 21, 2022

It's A Small World ...


While working on my son-in-law's family tree I made an interesing discovery. Son-in-law's 2nd great-aunt lived down the street from my mother! 

According to the 1940 United States Census record:

Herman and Elise Vollmert Darr (son-in-law's 2nd great-aunt and her husband) resided at 1508 N. Madeira Street.

My grandparents, Charles F. and Anna E. Wakefield, lived at 506 N. Maderia. Included in the household, was my five year old mother.
 
Maderia is a long city street. Doubtful they were borrowing a cup of sugar. But, each family had children in the same age range. Did they attend school together? Play in the park? Shop at nearby stores?

Fun to think, my mother and one of my son-in-law's cousins may have been playmates.

It is indeed a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment