Monday, September 2, 2013

Military Monday ~ the Coffelt Database


Washington, D.C.

The September 2013 edition of VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) Magazine has a very interesting article. They highlight a database created by Richard Coffelt. The article states "The Coffelt database is unlike any other in the types of details provided on Americans who died in the Vietnam War."

Also mentioned in the article is the database Virtual Wall.  

My husband had several friends from the time-frame who lost their lives in service. I have located information in both databases. Some brought back happy memories, some very sober ones.

The VFW Magazine is sent to my mother since my father's passing. She read the article and thought it might be helpful for family history research.

Love the fact my 77 year old mom is on the lookout for genealogy tidbits!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment