Monday, August 22, 2011

Celebrating 1st Blogiversary!


Hard to believe it has been an entire year!

When I started this blog my Dad was in the last stages of terminal cancer. Documenting the family history had become vitally important as days slipped away. What had begun as a way to connect with my father's youth soon became a gift to my entire family.

The year has been full of surprises, cousin connections, and new-found friends. Many of those friends made in the geneablogging community. Tops on the list would be Thomas MacEntee, genealogy wizard extraordinaire, who has created a wonderful environment for newbie bloggers.

Discovering GeneaBloggers was one of my smartest moves. The thought of creating posts that would be of interest to others caused a few moments of concern. Using the prompts Thomas supplied soon had the words flowing on the page.

So here I am a year later beginning to walking on my own. But like any toddler those steps are a wee bit wobbly. That is when I grab the hand of my blogging friends. With their continued encouragement, friendship, and guidance I hope to navigate the next year with confidence. And of course have lots of fun!

There are several family members I would like to thank for their support this year. To my husband for making me feel like the smartest person in the room. To my daughter, sister-in-law, and son-in-law for regularly reading the posts. Your comments and thoughtful questions have been important in shaping this blog.

Also, thanks to all my geneablogger friends! I don't think this would have been possible without you!

Looking forward to another year of adventures in genealogy!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing one wonderful year. I have enjoyed your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great first year from the perspective of the readers! Congratulations and hoping for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first year, and wishing you continued success in blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, congratulations on your first year blogiversary. I enjoy all posts about your area, and your nice photography. Looking forward to year #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first year blogiversary!!! I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogoversary to you! And many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your first blogiversary and have many more! Happy ancestor hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a successful first year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me add congratulations, too. I agree that becoming involved with geneabloggers was the best move I could have made. You learned that lesson faster than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogiversary...here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, congratulations on your first year! I'm looking forward to reading your blog for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, I've only recently discovered your blog, thanks to GeneaBloggers, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've read. Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogoversary - Adventures in Genealogy is one of my must reads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogiversary Deb.. Looking forward to reading many many more of your really neat posts. Love ya : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and good wishes! Looking forward to sharing another!

    ReplyDelete