Saturday, November 6, 2010

Surname Saturday - Judd Family Treasures

Recently I shared finding a new "cousin" through Ancestry by using their member connect feature. I had stumbled on what turned out to be a picture of my 1st cousin 3x removed, Carl Judd. That same day I sent an email to the tree's owner and received a message back the next morning! After communicating for about a week we realized we were indeed related by different lines to the same family.

Cousin Steve has been extremely generous with sharing information that our family did not know existed. He invited me to his tree, wrote emails with detailed stories, and answered all my questions.

Several weeks ago Steve emailed to ask if our family would like the original family records for the Judd family. To say I was stunned would be an understatement. He said since he was not directly related to the Judd line, these records would be more treasured by our family.

This Friday I arrived home to find the package had arrived. Did not even get my coat off before I ripped it open to find these treasures. Just a few of the items enclosed were pictures, a postcard, and a letter dated from 1870.

Thank you Steve! We can't even begin to express our gratitude for your generosity.



4 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift he gave! He is surely a Genie Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! SCORE!!! and wishing Steve much great genealogy karma in return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Toledo! That is like winning the genealogy lotto! Kudos to Steve!

    ReplyDelete