Monday, October 11, 2010

Connecting on Ancestry

Today is a red letter day for our family! Last week I had a conversation with a friend about searching Ancestry family trees in the hopes of finding connections. I have been pretty timid about using this tool to the full extent.

Yesterday was spent researching the Judd line, which has been our brick wall. Not long into searching the trees I found what looked to be a great lead, Charles Judd, my 2nd great grand uncle, married to Lois Crocker.

Feeling pretty confident this was our ancestor I emailed the tree owner. This morning I received this amazing message :

I have 1870 and 1880 census but probably more important to you is I have letters and family pictures and my great great grandma's bible. Be happy to share. Will be posting new tree with about 400 family pictures.


Olivia "Olly" Mary Berry Crocker - mother-in-law of 2nd great grand uncle Charles Judd

Our family now has an abundance of information that otherwise would have never been discovered. Always contact and connect! You never know where you will find kith and kin.

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that. That's exciting , keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photograph! That ribboned bonnet and the gloves, and the expression on her face...it all adds up to a classic portrait from its time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new connection! How wonderful to find a family member who has photographs and a Bible. This photograh of Olly is very appealing to me. Though she's serious in the photograph, I can imagine a smile breaking out on her face a moment after the click of the camera.

    Thanks for following and mentioning my blog in your Friday post. I appreciate it.


    Nancy from My Ancestors and Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most welcome Nancy! It has been a joy to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete