Friday, September 17, 2010

Follow Friday - To the Archives I go!

Off I go on this Follow Friday to our State Archives. Have several records that hopefully will reveal information I have been searching for two years. Just recently found what looks to be the correct family, so if these records match it will be a wonderful genealogy day.

Here are a few genealogy gems that I discovered this week. Follow along with me.

The French Genealogy Blog

Ian Hadden's Family History

Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog

This week my techy discovery was the use of message boards to connect and share information with fellow genealogists. I have already found several "cousins" by using this tool.

Here are several genealogy message boards I have discovered during my travels:

Ancestry Message Board

GenForum (presented by Genealogy.com)

RootsWeb

Also, found a great article called "Effective Use of Online Message Boards" that you might want to read before hitting the boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment