Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Godspeed Dad



Well this has been a very difficult post to enter. My Dad passed away Monday and now as I look over my genealogy records I realized I should enter his death date.

The strange part of this is that now that I have been working on the family tree for some time the concept of a life's journey means so much more in many different ways. Now I think more of what the world was like when Dad was young, what his family had to deal with in those times of depression, and World Wars. I know when a loved one passes away you reminisce, but mostly about milestones in the lives of family members, not so much about how the world shaped the family we have become.

Now more than ever I feel compelled to find all the missing pieces of his family tree and discover all that made him Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment